Been absent from blogging due to hectic and stressful workload before holiday!!! I just managed to update my post via Facebook.
Two days ago, I uploaded picture of My Special Roasted Chicken for dinner and I got 20 'Likes' for the picture, which I never expect when I shared the picture. Some friends requested for the recipe via PM and from the comment box. As promised, here are the recipe that I used for the roasted whole chicken. Don't worry, it's super duper easy to get and CHEAP!!!
Ohh, by the way..... this is my first attempt making roasted 'whole chicken'. It's up to you to change the ingredients based on your 'creativeness'...
WHAT YOU NEED:-
1) Whole Chicken
2) Potatoes (cut into 4 cubes)
3) Large onion (cut into 4 cubes)
4) Chinese BBQ Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
5) Salt & Paper
6) 2-3 Tbsp of cooking oil (depending on potatoes & large onion quantity) * You can use butter instead of cooking oil.
7) Aluminium pan
1) Clean the chicken (of course lah bah kan. Boleh buang tu *kointut manuk and leher tu if you don't like it).
2) Add salt & paper (termasuk dlm tu perut ayam).
3) Next, add the BBQ sauce (DO NOT cut/tear the skin! Put the sauce sampai di bawah lapisan tu kulit ayam.)
4) Marinate the chicken for 2 hours (or half day but make sure simpan di refrigerator, but NOT in the ice section ok).
5) When you are ready to roast the chicken, MAKE SURE you heat your oven to 220* for 30min first. While waiting for the oven to heat, PREPARE the potatoes & large onion. FRY the potatoes & large onion in a pan until it turn to brown. Then put aside for a while. (Jgn terlampau masak coz after this kena masuk oven together with the chicken lagi).
6) *This is optional. You can use the left over oil to fry the chicken just to make it to golden colour. (No need to cover every part of the chicken.)
7) Placed the chicken in the middle of the aluminium pan.
8) Put the potatoes & large onion around the chicken.
9) Now, set back the oven to 220* for 30 mins and roast the chicken. You will need to roast the chicken to 1 hour and 30 mins (depending on the size of the chicken, ini pun sia main agak2 ja). BUT, NEVER set the timer straight away to 50-60 mins. I keep it roasted till 30 mins before I turned the chicken to the different side (supaya tidak hangus one side ja and to keep it JUICY & TENDER).
10) Ready to be serve.
BEWARE LADIES.... PICTURES MIGHT MAKE YOU FORGET ABOUT YOUR DIET!!!!
|STILL IN THE OVEN. 10 MINUTES MORE B4 IT CAN BE SERVE..(PHONE-PHOTOGRAPHY)|
|WHO NEED RICE WHEN THERE'S A LOT OF POTATOES....|
|JUICY & TENDER...|
|YOU CAN EASILY TAKE OUT THE BONES.....|
1) Besides potatoes, you can add carrot, leek and celery too.
P/S: I'm starving!!!!!!